Sunday, October 4, 2009

Scum of the Earth Keep Bringin' Me Down

Why is this constant unneeded drama in my life? Why can't certain members of my family get their shit together? Why is it so hard for a father to man up and accept responsibility? Why do I have to be stuck in the middle of this ridiculousness?
Why do I keep asking questions? Because I can't find the answers. I'm trying to make my life better but the metaphorical "scum of the earth" are doing their best to make it worse.
Look, all I want to do is go to work (which is hard enough), put in my hours, come home, relax, watch a little TV, and oh, yeah, WORK ON MY GODDAMN MOVIE!
To think I almost gave an inch of responsibility to the so-called scum just burns my insides. I've lost a lot of people I trusted this past week. All I can do is move on and hope to better my life without them, which seems likely.
What I really want is to move away from my family and "friends", with my girlfriend, get our own place, and continue making movies. I don't mean move far. Maybe even in the same zip code. I need my real friends around to help with this movie, they all have great parts. But my real family and supposed best friend - well, I just won't tell them where I moved. They won't get the invite. I've had it up to here with liars and hypocrites and backstabbers. I've dealt with all this drama 5 years ago. It was one of the worst years of my life. I will not do it again. This time, I will abandon those who need help, so I can help myself.
I will make this movie. If it's the last thing I do, my movie, the one I've written with my girlfriend, will get made. If it takes every last thing out of me, if it sucks the soul from my withering body, this movie will get made. If it kills me, if it causes my brain to explode from the sheer exhaustion, from the lack of money or the problem with actors, or film permits, or laws, I will finish this movie. It will be out. Hopefully in 2010. I am doing what I can. Everyone else whose soul is consumed with this movie are doing what they can, too.
On this page is a DONATE button. Please, spare what you can. You will get credit. You'll also get something better in the future.
I am finished ranting, for now. One day, my life is going just the way I want it, and the next, it's shattering all around me. I live in the constant middle, that difference between happiness and depression. This movie is all I have left to give. If I can't do it, I can't do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment